SAFD says candle fires cost more than $40,000 in Westside homes

Texas News Today

San Antonio – According to the San Antonio Fire Department, a home on the west side was damaged by an accidental candle fire late Sunday.

The fire started at around 11:30 p.m. in a house on the 1100 block of Merida Street, not far from South Zaza Mora Street and Couples Road.

Firefighters said when they arrived they saw a fire burning in the house. According to fire officials, the fire started accidentally as the clothes were burnt by the candle and spread rapidly.

The fire brigade quickly brought the fire under control without any trouble. Both mother and daughter were able to get out of the house safely.

SAFD said their daughter had asthma and was screened on site for smoking.

Home damage is estimated to be between $40,000 and $50,000.

Copyright 2021-KSAT All Rights Reserved.

SAFD says candle fires cost more than $40,000 in Westside homes

source link SAFD says candle fires cost more than $40,000 in Westside homes

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here