YouTube bans famous anti-vaccine accounts

Texas News Today

Google-owned YouTube has banned major anti-vaccine accounts to strengthen its policy on misinformation about vaccines, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday. It also prohibits misinformation about all vaccines that have been confirmed to be safe by the World Health Organization and local health authorities.

Social media companies have been saying ever since The start of a pandemic is that they are trying to stop the spread of misinformation about the coronavirus. However, the lies continue to dominate as companies struggle to monitor the constant flood of posts and uploads on the platform.

As part of the action, a YouTube spokesperson confirmed that it had removed pages related to Robert F. Kennedy Jr. related to well-known false alarm spreaders such as Joseph Melkola, Erin Elizabeth, Sherry Tenpenny, and the Children’s Health Defense Fund.

As of now, YouTube has banned videos that say the coronavirus vaccine is ineffective or dangerous. The new policy will block videos that spread misinformation about all commonly used vaccines, including the MMR vaccine that protects against measles, mumps and rubella.

“We have seen false claims about coronavirus vaccines spread to misinformation about vaccines in general, and now more than ever we have started for other vaccines with COVID-19. This is important,” the company said.

But dealing with misinformation is a weird game.

Moderators can delete posts or accounts and then pop up, as was the case with “Plandemic” conspiracy videos on Facebook and YouTube last year. YouTube said last year it removed more than 130,000 videos for violating the COVID vaccine policy.

YouTube said there are exceptions to the new guidelines. The company allows videos on vaccine policies, trials, and past vaccine successes or failures. Personal testimony about the vaccine is also allowed, “as long as the video doesn’t violate other community guidelines, or the channel doesn’t show a pattern that promotes vaccine hesitation.”

The Washington Post first reported YouTube’s new policy.

Subscribe to CNBC on YouTube.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here